Emburse Debit Cards are only provided for sponsored Silicon Tier ambassadors.
When you join the Hackster Ambassador team, you should receive an email from Emburse.com (Subject: Emburse Card Ending in XXXX Has Been Assigned to You).
Follow the instructions to activate your virtual card.
You'll receive a physical card (mastercard) in the mail within about 2 weeks.
Follow the instructions to activate your physical card.
You'll now be able to spend your money on snacks and components. The budget will reset each month - each expense you make is replenished one month after you spent it. Be sure to follow the spending guidelines below, because if you don't follow them you will lose your emburse card.
- When buying electronics, please look for the part first on our partner sites: Avnet, Newark, Element14, MCM Electronics
- Receipts must be uploaded for each transaction within 1 month after it was charged. The receipt must meet the following criteria to be valid:
- a) Shows descriptions of each item purchased, total amount of purchase, and payment method. All of the above must be clearly legible.
- b) Descriptions must be in English. If they are not, run online receipts through google translate. Physical receipts must be in high definition so they can be translated. Include descriptions for non-English items in Notes.
- c) Total must be in USD. If currency is not in USD, it needs to be converted to USD and included in Notes.
- d) Transactions with multiple receipts must include all pages. Paypal transactions must include transaction receipt as well as goods receipt.
- Gift cards or any other form of currency are NOT to be purchased under ANY circumstances.
- Disputing of payments is NOT ALLOWED and will be disabled in the near future. If any disputes arise, contact an admin.
- Payment for services, repeating transactions, or memberships of any kind are not allowed. Payments to individuals are not allowed. If exceptions need to be made to this, admin approval is required beforehand.
- If an admin allows hardware purchases, it is to be hardware that will benefit the entire chapter. Receipts will be audited. Under no circumstances should something be bought that would be considered "personal", meaning it would only benefit yourself or a small number of attendees such as your other ambassadors. Purchases must directly contribute to learning.