With any moderation setting, you can approve projects manually: just go to your platform page and click "Manage Projects" under the settings icon.
With one click, show or hide each project based on your own criteria.
In your admin menu, you’ll see two relevant links: “Edit settings” and “Manage projects”. Let’s look at the regular “Edit settings” page first, where you can set the moderation level:
Select a moderation level from the dropdown menu. Your page can show everything your makers submit, or everything we approve for the front page, or – at the most controlled level – only projects that you've directly approved.
We curate what appears on the Hackster front page, to make sure that those projects include schematics, assembly steps, code, and a bill of materials to help other hackers. Using these settings, you can show whatever you like on your community page – but for more exposure, encourage your community to publish finished, complete projects!
Just remember, there are two different settings: the overall moderation level of your page, and toggling the visibility of individual projects (which overrides that moderation level).
FAQ: Why doesn’t [project] appear on my platform page?
Make sure that each project made with your tool shows up on your page! Here’s how:
- The project must list your platform under the "Things" editing tab
- The project must be public (in the Publishing settings, accessible at the top of your project page)
If you have your moderation level set to “Only projects approved by the Hackster team”, we’ll need to approve it first. We usually get to projects within 3 days after they’re made public.
- In order to be approved by our team, the project must include its code, component list, and any relevant circuit schematics and assembly instructions.
- If it does not meet these standards, we will hide the project and email the author. It is up to them to add the needed information, or choose not to.
- You can still approve the project on your page manually, under “Manage Projects”, as shown above.